Back to School Resources
Compassion is a feeling of wanting to help those in need. But more than a noun, its a verb. More than a feeling, it should be an action.I will
- seek to understand others by listening
- be willing to forgive others
- give of my resources to help those in need
Lord, open our eyes ... Continue reading "Virtue of the Month: Compassion"
There have been numerous questions regarding access to hybrid or remote instruction. Remote or hybrid instruction is for students who have opted to learn in Cohort C. Please be advised of the following:
- Face-to-face learners, who choose not to attend school will be required to access their work via the Virtual Learning Environment; they will not have access to a hybrid or ... Continue reading "Clarfication re: Student Attendance"
This year, we will be collecting annual consent forms (Emergency Information, Student Information Release, Technology Consent forms) electronically via a Google Form. Click the link below to complete the form for your child.
Please note that you must complete a form, no later than September 30, 2021, for each of your students. If you have students in both ... Continue reading "Electronic Collection of Forms: Emergency Info., Student Info. Release, Technology Consent"
For those students who are learning remotely, textbook and device distribution will happen on Thursday, September 16th from 3-6pm. Please follow these instructions:
- If your child needs an electronic device, please complete this Google Form by September 15, 2021.
- Please drive up to the main entrance and remain in your vehicles. Due to COVID protocols you ... Continue reading "Textbook and Device Distribution for Remote Learners"
World Teachers’ Day is held annually on October 5th to celebrate all teachers around the world. Our York Catholic schools, as well as those right across the globe have been greatly affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The support of teachers is essential to the worldwide recovery and that is why the theme for this year’s World Teachers Day is, “Teachers at the heart of ... Continue reading "Today is World Teachers’ Day!"
The York Catholic District School Board worked closely with its partners at the Ministry of Education, York Region Public Health, and with Board staff to prepare for the return to school in September. By aligning our practices with their guidance, we are confident our schools will continue to be safe, inclusive places to learn and work throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
The York Catholic District School Board, in partnership with Catholic Community Services of York Region and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is proud to offer two school orientation programs for newcomers to Canada. Newcomer students and their parents who moved to Canada in 2021 or 2020, as well as ESL/ELL students are strongly encouraged ... Continue reading "Youth who are new to Canada are invited to attend school orientation programs"