Recently, York Region Public Health announced some additional measures to maximize safety for all in our schools. Effective February 16th:
- All secondary students will be required to complete a daily self-assessment/screening and provide proof of completion. We are still awaiting specific details from York Region Public Health – stay tuned!
- If a student or staff member has ONE symptom of COVID-19 they must stay home from school and get tested for COVID-19 at an Assessment Centre
- If anyone in the household has travelled outside of Canada, all members of the household must stay home from school until the 14-day self-isolation period has finished, except for essential reasons
- If anyone in your household is sick and has not tested negative for COVID-19, or does not have an alternative diagnosis from a health care provider, all others in the household must stay home from school and child care until the results are known or an alternative diagnosis is provided
- If someone in the household is identified as a high-risk/close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, the whole household is required to stay home for the 14-day self-isolation period except for essential reasons
We appreciate your cooperation in complying with these much-needed safeguards and we look forward to seeing students next week!